Editing check format

Doug Laidlaw laidlaws at hotkey.net.au
Sat May 17 02:50:14 EDT 2008

On Thursday 24 April 2008 12:16:54 am David Reiser wrote:
> On Apr 23, 2008, at 4:32 AM, Doug Laidlaw wrote:
> > I am trying once more to do away with Quicken.  The one thing I
> > cannot do is
> > to make Gnucash print checks the Australian way.  The dimensions I can
> > adjust; it is a question of the "amount in words" line.  The
> > convention here
> > is entirely different from in the U.S.
> >
> > Previously, I was able to edit an .scm file and get an acceptable
> > result.
> > Since then, the whole method has been changed in the program, and I
> > can't
> > find it.
> >
> > Can somebody please point me to the appropriate file, so that I can
> > play with
> > it?
> >
> > TIA,
> >
> > Doug.
>
> the function is integer_to_words in src/app-utils/gnc-ui-util.c
>
> --
> David Reiser
> dbreiser at earthlink.net

Thanks David.

I downloaded the 2.2.5 code.

I made literal changes to the integer_to_words function, substituting
g_strdup_printf("%s dollars and %s cents",
                   int_string, nomin_string);

for

g_strdup_printf("%s and %s/%s",
                   int_string, nomin_string, denom_string);

After that, I got an error quite early on "make":

Entering src/pixmaps/
No rule to make "16x16/gnucash-icon.png" required by "all".

That sounds crazy, I know, but I have confirmed that "make" runs O.K. without
it.

Doug.