Accounting question re tax refund

Bob Williams linux at barrowhillfarm.org.uk
Mon May 19 08:26:34 EDT 2008

I overpaid my income tax and HM Revenue and Customs has kindly sent me a
cheque. Would you advise me to record this as a negative value in
Expenses:Income Tax or income in Income:Other Income?

The money isn't actually income, I just accidentally "lent" it to the
taxman ;). Likewise, it's not tax either, as I should never have sent to
said taxman in the first place.

I realise that this is an arbitrary decision, but I'd be interested in
hearing what others have done in this situation.
--
Bob
Registered Linux User #463880