"Cannot find default values" dialog always appearing

Michael DeBusk michael at nlphilia.com
Thu May 22 13:31:11 EDT 2008

Derek Atkins wrote:

> Are you root when you run "make install"?

Yes.

> Why are you building this yourself instead of using the Ubuntu
> packages?

Mostly because I wanted OFX import. I've recently gone back to entering
transactions as I incur them, though, so it isn't as important to me as
it once was.

> That means that it cannot find your default values.  What do you have
> in ~/.gconf.path ?

Twenty-one instances of:
xml:readonly:/usr/local/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults

I could probably trim that a bit.

> That difference is only because of your --prefix.  Note that we
> highly recommend you NOT install into /usr/local.

I'll remember that next time. Thank you.

--
()  ascii ribbon campaign     * against html e-mail
/\  www.asciiribbon.org       * against proprietary attachments