Split transactions

Matt Henley nwmatt at gmail.com
Thu May 22 15:48:42 EDT 2008

i am using gnucash to track by accounts and so far its working really
well.  I decided to track my paychecks more closely.  This results in
a fairly lengthy split with the salary going into several accounts:

Expenses:Insurance:Dental Insurance
Expenses:Insurance:Health Insurance
Expenses:Insurance:Life Insurance
Expenses:Tax:Federal
Expenses:Tax:Social Security
Expenses:Tax:Medicare
Retirement:401KHolding
Retirement:401KLoan

So far I have been entering all of these manually for each
transaction.  It seems like there would be semi-automated way to do
this that I just havn't found.
Is there a way of doing this?

I am still struggling with the whole 401K thing which is complicated
by a load I took against it... but would like to get the salary
breakdown solved before I start on with that.

Thanks,
Matt Henley