deleted reconciled transaction - now what?

Charles Day cedayiv at gmail.com
Wed May 28 12:12:59 EDT 2008

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 7:40 PM, kevin <kvaughan1 at verizon.net> wrote:

> I'm trying to convert from quicken to gnucash -
>
> I hav entered a few months worth of data and started reconciling
> accounts - I had good success until I deleted the wrong duplicate
> transaction after reconciling accounts - now I can't seem to get back to
> a good starting point for the next months reconcilation - The starting
> balances are off  - what is the best way to fix this?

I don't know if you are still importing your QIF files, but if so then my
advice would be to load all the Quicken-generated QIF files into the
importer at once so that you do one huge import rather than multiple small
ones. The duplicate detection will be much better that way, particularly
where split transactions are concerned.

Cheers,
Charles

The problem came from importing checking account data and credit card