Basic Questions about custom reports

Eric! eric at sailsarana.com
Thu May 29 11:59:02 EDT 2008

I'm very new to gnucash and I've read everything I can find about creating a
custom report, but I'm stuck.

I would like to modify some of the SCM files for generating reports, but I
can't figure out how to get GNUCASH to read/execute any of them.

Using the windows 2.2.5 version, I can't locate the config.user file
anywhere in the windows installed package.  So I can't change the
(load-from-path "/path/to/my/personal/report.scm").

Also, using the pull-down menus, I've made some generic custom reports that
get saved in ~/.gnucash/saved-reports-2.0 file.  These are just using the
Gnucash API and are useless for what I'm trying to do.  I could cut and
paste the scm code into the save-reports-2.0 file, but I think I must be
missing something.

I just want to limit the range of dates on a report with a start and stop
date, nothing complicated.  If someone could help me understand how the
custom reports work on windows gnucash, I think I could figure out how to
modify the SCM code.

Thanks for the help!