Debit order payments

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri May 30 09:38:08 EDT 2008

Hi,

PLEASE REMEMBER TO CC GNUCASH-USER ON ALL REPLIES USING
YOUR MAILER'S REPLY-TO-LIST OR REPLY-ALL FEATURES!!!

Now, having said that...

Neil Jackson <neil at webcoza.co.za> writes:

>> The current A/R implementation really isn't designed for your
>> particular use case.  It's designed for a 1:1 mapping of incoming
>> payments to customers.  You have a single incoming "payment" for
>> a BUNCH of customers, which just isn't something the system is
>> designed the handle.
>>
>> But you could still do it as a regular register-entered transaction.
>> You just lose the business features, but I'm not sure you really
>> need to keep track of that.  Is it even possible for a direct-debit
>> customer to miss a payment?
>>
> Thanks again. It is possible for there to be insufficient funds in
> their account at the time of debiting. We then double debit the next
> month.

Unfortunately I just can't think of a good way to handle your use case
without writing more code to do it.  The GnuCash business features
just weren't designed for your use case I'm afraid.

You could do it all by hand by creating an account for each customer.
But you wont get the nice invoices or the business reporting at all.

Sorry,