Postponed Reconcile

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Nov 4 11:20:45 EST 2008

Hi,

Quoting Kurt Guenther <kurtg at serent.com>:

> I've been balancing my account regularly against my transactions that
> are online, and then I just postpone them until I get a statement.
> However, when I did this yesterday, everything shows up with the "c"
> (assume that is cleared) status in my ledger, but when I go into
> reconcile, I only have older items checked and not the more recent ones.
>
> I would expect it to show all cleared transactions as checked when I go
> back into the reconcile window.   Am I wrong and this is working as
> designed or is something wrong?
>
> I'm on 2.2.7 on Win XP.

This is expected behavior.  How could a statement from date X have
a transaction from date X+1?   It can't.  So the reconciliation screen
only shows transactions in the past (before the reconcile date).
So if this is happening to you then must have mis-dated your transactions
or entered the wrong reconcile date.