Online quote retrieval

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 10 20:36:47 EST 2008

On Nov 10, 2008, at 2:16 PM, Luca e Claudia Moresco wrote:

> I'm just started to work with Gnucash; I set the online quote
> retrieval, and
> it works for my stocks, but it does not for my funds: where am I
> wrong?
>

> E.G. I have in my portfolio an Italian fund, exchanged in Milan
> which ISIN
> is IT0001415345, and the symbol I have setup is IT0001415345ITA,
> while the
> source is Yahoo. Could it be the symbol or the source where the
> problem
> seats?

Yahoo changed the way it returns data from Yahoo UK. At the moment,
finance-quote can't return the fund data in a way that gnucash can
use. I posted a patch (for finance-quote) to this mailing list a week
or two ago that might work for you.

Fixing the mutual fund quotes from Yahoo Europe is on the list of
things to do for finance-quote. They have a new maintainer who seems
reasonably active, so it might happen in a few weeks.

Dave
--
David Reiser
dbreiser at earthlink.net