On Windows XP

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Nov 11 08:13:11 EST 2008

Hi,

Please remember to CC Gnucash-user on all replies using your mailer's
reply-to-list or reply-all functionality.

"Brian" <livebrian at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Derek,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> On Mandriva : GnuCash 1.8.11
>
> I mostly use the 'Duplicate Transaction' option, especially for
> repetitive transactions like an ATM withdrawal.
> So I am sure there would be no non-ASCII characters.

So no accents or anything like that?

Basically, you're jumping from 1.8 to 2.2, skipping the 2.0 release
completely..  While that jump usually works, it's not always clean
and definitely not always tested.  Also, I can assure you that you
will NOT be able to take your data file BACK to 1.8 from the 2.2
windows version.

Your best bet is to get GnuCash 2.0 on Mandriva, load the data
file there, then take it to windows...  And then update Mandriva
to GnuCash 2.2.

Good Luck,

> Regards,
> Brian.