Invoice Currencies

Jeremy Andrews jeremy at tag1consulting.com
Sat Nov 15 10:10:32 EST 2008

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how to track invoices that are in different
currencies than my default currency.

My default currency is USD.  I'm billing a customer in Euros.  When I
set up the Customer account, I configured their Currency for Euros.  I
then create a new invoice, and enter the quantity and price.  At the
bottom, it shows me the total preceded by a $ -- does that mean the
invoice is not being tracked in Euros?

If I post the invoice, it shows up in Accounts Receivable with a 0
balance, instead of the (for example) 100 Euros I entered in the
invoice.  I have gone to the price editor and set up a EUR -> USD
conversion rate, but this doesn't seem to help, the invoice still posts
with a 0 balance.

If I try to mark the invoice payed at Business -> Customer -> Process
Payment, it populates the invoice amount as 0.00.  If I accept that,
then go to my register and try to adjust the payment, it tells me "You
need to expand the transaction in order to modify its exchange rates."
Where do I do this?

How can I get this invoice to show up in accounts receivables?  And when
the payment finally comes through from the client, how can I adjust the
conversion rate based on what the bank actually gave me (versus what it
is today)?

Thanks,
 -Jeremy