How Do I Turn Off Tooltips?

Doug Laidlaw laidlaws at hotkey.net.au
Sun Nov 16 07:02:32 EST 2008

I have directories ~/.gconf/  and ~/.gconfd/  Perhaps somewhere in there?

I run KDE, but since it ignores non-KDE apps, I keep GNOME as well.  GNOME has
a Windows-like registry editor - and it makes about as much sense as the
Windows one, too.  Try looking in there.  It sounds like a strong
possibility.  But I would expect any change like that to be system-wide.

Doug.