GnuCash 2.2.4 system error at Get Quotes (Finance Quote 1.13)

Nate Jones nate_jones at sil.org
Thu Nov 20 12:04:15 EST 2008

Hello,
I recently installed GnuCash and finance quote from the Ubuntu
repositories for my installation (8.04). GnuCash works fine except for
the finance quotes module. From the command line, gnc-fq-dump and
gnc-fq-check both work fine. But when I press Get Quotes in the GnuCash
Price Editor dialog, I get a System Error message.

Starting gnucash from the command line yields this error message:

$ gnucash -v
gnc.bin-Message: main: binreloc relocation support was disabled at configure time.

Can anyone help? Gnucash 2.2.7 and Finance-Quote 1.15 work fine in
Windows for me and I was hoping it would be a smooth transition to Ubuntu!

Thanks
Nate