GnuCash 2.2.4 system error at Get Quotes (Finance Quote 1.13)

Nate Jones nate_jones at sil.org
Thu Nov 20 23:53:16 EST 2008

Hi David,

Ran gnc-fq-update but didn't understand what was going on, so stopped
and emailed you. This morning I finished the update process but the
update couldn't locate my SSL libraries. The package
libcrypt-ssleay-perl is installed on my machine and a file search turns
up lots of SSL-type folders. The machine asked me to specify a path and
I guessed that the folder libssl0.9.8 was the correct folder. I
specified the path to the folder but not inside the folder. Anyways, the
update still couldn't make sense of it and installed 1.15 anyways. I
attach the readout from that portion of the install process.

I did some gnc-fq-dump tests first (attached) and it looks like the same
situation still. I do note that fq is having trouble retrieving currency
prices, but that hasn't changed from last time. If I run Gnucash, Get
Quotes still produces a system error.

Is there a way to manually direct fq to the correct SSL folder now that
it's installed? If so, which SSL folder is correct and where should I
change the directory path?

Nate