lack of installation documentation

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Fri Nov 21 12:47:47 EST 2008

At Thu, 20 Nov 2008 22:06:27 -0500 Bill Brehm <wbrehm at mac.com> wrote:

> Can you put out some more documentation on the installation process
> (in particular what packages I need) for Mac.
>
> The configure script tells me the 'missing' script is too old or
> missing.
> Also, does it need to find gawk, mawk or nawk (it found awk).  All
> three are installed on my Mac (Tiger).

configure scripts try to work across many different POSIX/UNIX systems.
Many 'common' utilities (eg  awk) come in different flavors (eg gawk, mawk
or nawk), so configure scripts look for each possible flavor. This is normal.

> The final error was
> XML::Parser... configure: error: XML::Parser perl module is required
> for intltool
>
> I am disappointed at the lack of documentation, especially at
> installation) to get GNU Cash working.

I *thought* there was install/build instructions for MaxOSX on the
GnuCash Wiki.

> And help?
>
> Thanks,
> Bill

Robert Heller             -- Get the Deepwoods Software FireFox Toolbar!
Deepwoods Software        -- Linux Installation and Administration
http://www.deepsoft.com/  -- Web Hosting, with CGI and Database
heller at deepsoft.com       -- Contract Programming: C/C++, Tcl/Tk