backing up main data file

Harold hh6199 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 26 19:15:34 EST 2008

Doug, I am just not understanding what I need to do. Let's just say that I have a Gnucash set of books named 'Harold'. I have done the latest gnucash work while in Mepis (guncash 2.2.6) and while in Mint I want to do some gnucash work. What do I need to do so that I can know that what I open in Mint (gnucash 2.2.4) is the exact same thing that I left when in Mepis?

Should I use 'File', 'Import', 'Replay Gnucash log file' or should I just copy the last .xac backup over the Mint? If I copy the .xac file then how do I get Gnucash to incorporate that file into the Mint files?

I may be making this more difficult than it is. What am I missing?

Thanks,
Harold