not backup but using gnucash in two different distros

Harold hh6199 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 27 18:02:46 EST 2008

I apologize for the confusion but we are getting mixed up and off track. I didn't create an encripted partition. I messed up with my quoting. Someone else created the encripted partition and I didn't know what he was talking about.

Here is what I would like to do.
Work in Mepis and Gnucash 2.2.6. then later if I am in Mint (with Gnucash 2.2.4) and want to work in Gnucash, what do I need to do to make sure that the Gnucash in Mint is the exact same as what I left in Mepis.

This has nothing to do with backup. It has to do with working with the same transactions in Gnucash in two different distros on the same computer.

I have several distros on the same computer. Each distro has its own /boot partition. There is one swap file that is used by each distro. Each distro has its own /home directory but they are all located on the same partition. I can copy files from one /home to another but I am not sure which files I need to copy so that I will be working with the same balance and transactions no matter which distro I am in.

I am just unsure about which files I need to get. I have tried doing it in the past but it seems like some of the transactions that I had entered in Mepis weren't showing up in Mint.

I hope this explains what I am trying to do.

Harold