AQBanking Setup - Cannot Find QT

Mark S colt22target at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 3 02:15:36 EDT 2008

I see the same question was posted on the developer E-mail list on 9/30,
but I do not see any reply. I successfully used GnuCash with the OFX
module in AqBanking on my old Windows XP system.

I just moved to a new computer with Vista and downloaded Gnucash v2.2.7
When I attempt to set up a new user in AQBanking, I get the following error:

The external program "AqBanking Setup Wizard" failed to run successfully
because the additional software "Qt" was not found.  Please install the
"Qt/Windows Open Source Edition" from Trolltech by downloading it from
www.trolltech.com

If you have installed Qt already, you will have to adapt the PATH
variable of your system appropriately.  Contact the GnuCash developers
if you need further assistance on how to install Qt correctly.

Online Banking cannot be setup without Qt.  Press "Close" now, then
"Cancel" to cancel the Online Banking setup.

According to the documents, I shouldn't need to set up QT myself. I did,
however, downland and install it (including updating the PATH variable)
and I still received error messages. I am trying to set up exactly the
same account with exactly the same information as was on my previous system.

Ideas? Solutions?

Thank you.
-Mark