gnucash-user Digest, Vol 67, Issue 5

Richard Dawson rcdawson at att.net
Sun Oct 5 13:29:22 EDT 2008

Just what gnucash needs, a quick and easy export to a spread sheet.
Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to make it work.  My distribution
(Mandriva 2008.1) has Open office in a slightly different directory.  There
was no python subdirectory in Scripts, so I created one

/home/me/.ooo-2.0/user/Scripts/python

I then copied the file into that subdirectory.
/home/me/.ooo-2.0/user/Scripts/python/gnuc2ooo.py

No trace of the macro in the run macro dialog box.

Organize macros shows choices of Openoffice.orgBasic, Python, Beanshell and
Javascript categories.  Python has sub categories of My Macros and
Openoffice.org macros, but they are empty.  The option to create a macro is
not available.

I changed the name of the subdirectory from "python" to "Python", but the
macro was still unavailable.

OpenOffice.org Tools → Options → OpenOffice.org → Paths has no reference to
macros or where they might be.

My version of Open Office is 2.4.1

Perhaps this is more of an Open Office forum question than a gnucash forum
question, but I'll start here since that's where the problem -- no, the
possibility -- arose.

Any sugguestions?