Installation issue - "Windows - No Disk" Exception Messages

Mr Savage consult.js at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 19:21:55 EDT 2008

Hi all,
I am new to gnucash but have hit an installation issue that I have googled
to no avail as it does not seem to have been mentioned by others.  I wonder
if any other users are successfully running gnucash on Windows 2000 Sp4 or
if others have seen this before?  Might there be a pre-requisite that I have
missed ?

The issue I am getting is a series of Exception Processing Messages which
start at the point in the installation where a Guile window apears.
Initially the message box is simply entitled "Windows - No Disk" and later
it is entitled: "GnuCash Tip of the Day:Windows - No Disk" The message box
contains details of the exception as follows:

Exception Processing message c0000013 parameters 7cc31d6c 7cc31d6c 7cc31d6c
7cc31d6c

The message box always offers cancel, try again and continue but none of
these seem to close the parent process as the message simply returns again
sometimes straight away sometimes after a few seconds. After lots of
cancels, the install did complete but then the messages returned as the
application tried to start.  The only escape is Task manager or closing the
app in the task bar.

Any advice on resolving this woudl be much appreciated.

Regards,

James