System requirements for Gnucash

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 22:23:59 EDT 2008

On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 12:55 PM, Eric <bigbsdfan at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks.  I'm leaning in that direction.
>
> I was wondering if anyone had any experiences with using it on a linux system in the 512-768 mb RAM/500-650 mhz CPU range, using Debian with a light window manager (i.e. Blackbox, Icewm, JWM, etc.)

That's about the speed and RAM of one of my systems and it works fine
with Ubuntu running GNOME. My guess is the light window manager won't
improve things a lot -- GnuCash will take a minute or so to start up,
some reports will take several minutes to run, but data entry and
simple reports like searches will be plenty fast, regardless.