Fwd: Re: perldoc Finance::Quote

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Tue Oct 7 04:41:24 EDT 2008

Forwarding to list....
Maf.

Subject: Re: perldoc Finance::Quote
Date: Monday 06 October 2008
From: Alex Coots <rac10 at geneseo.edu>
To: "Maf. King" <maf at chilwell.net>

Dear Maf.,

	Sorry about the lack of information. As I'm sure you can already tell,
I'm a Linux neonate. Anywho, I'm running Hardy Heron Ubuntu 8.04.
Additionally, I'm running GnuCash 2.2.4. After the process asks me about
the SSL config, I don't really know what to type, so I attempt to enter
through it. The terminal then says that the installation has failed.
Something along the lines of it being interrupted. Let me know if you
need any more info! Thanks again!

Sincerely,
Alex

On Mon, 2008-10-06 at 08:39 +0100, Maf. King wrote:
> On Sunday 05 October 2008 23:34:33 Alex Coots wrote:
> > Hello, its Alex again. I hate to keep bothering you, but I can't seem to
> > get this to work. Everytime I run the gnc-fq-update command in the
> > terminal (I'm in the /usr/bin folder), I'm asked "Shall I follow them
> > and prepend them to the queue of modules we are processing right now?" I
> > always say yes, and it always fails me at the end when it asks for some
> > SSL thing. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong! Well, I hope to hear
> > from you soon.
> >
> > Thanks again,
> > Alex
> >

> Hi Alex,
>
> Is there anything printed to the console when "it" fails, or does the
process
> just die quietly?
>
> You still haven't mentioned your OS flavour and version, nor the version of
GC