Mass invoicing

Marcus Wolschon Marcus at Wolschon.biz
Tue Oct 7 08:42:16 EDT 2008

2008/10/7 Matt Weisberg <matt at weisberg.net>:

> Hello,
> I'm new to GNUCash and I'm looking to possibly use it for my Home Owners Association.  We're a small association and had been using the long defunct CAI Treasurer (previously WinCondo I think) software.  I've been testing GNUCash, and so far I like it.  I come from a QuickBooks background, so of course I'm comparing everything to that.
>
> One thing I can't quite figure out is how to do mass invoicing.  For example, I need to bill for dues and send out 27 invoices all at once for the same amount.  Is there any easy way to do that?  Or am I stuck generating them one by one?

Hello Matt,

I have a number of scripts that use jGnucashLib to get the numbers
from my Gnucash-file and
automatically generate nice looking invoices by expanding an
OpenOffice -templace, replacing
some markers in the XML and zipping them back up as an ODT-file again,
ready for printing/email.

Marcus