merging gnucash

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Oct 13 08:08:29 EDT 2008

Hi,

Please remember to CC the list on all replies using your mailer's
Reply-to-List or Reply-All functionality.

"matteo brutti" <matteo.brutti at gmail.com> writes:

> 2008/10/12 Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu>:
>> Hi,
>
>> But that shouldn't be an issue -- GnuCash always remembers the last-opened
>> file so it's pretty hard to make this kind of mistake unless you're
>> REALLY doing something weird.  If you just open GnuCash normally it
>> will automatically re-open the file you were last using when you quit.
>> And there is File -> Open Recent to find other recently opened files.
>> You should almost never use "gnucash <filename>" to open a file.
>>

> Ok thx a lot. I'm not doing somthing weird, the issue born when i
> passed from kubuntu to xubuntu formatiing and reinstalling, so gnucash
> could not have any memory in recent files. So i searched manually the
> file and clicked on it. BUT i have the option to open in one click
> files and my finger must have slipped to another file.... :(

You didn't notice that you opened "foo-200810101234.xac" instead of "foo"?

> btw great work!
>
> ps: there is a way to choose an account by number? i.e. don't choose
> expenses:insurance ...etc... but i.e. 7.2  ?

I know there was a patch to support this.  I don't know if it made
it into a 2.2 release.  Check bugzilla and search for it amongst the
open and closed bugs?