Automatically Open Specific Accounts?

stuart at ocotillo.freeserve.co.uk stuart at ocotillo.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Oct 14 04:12:53 EDT 2008

> From: "jpseasia"
> I tried that several times. Maybe it is just a glitch with Vista. There
> are a couple of other places I've found minor problems (ie. Even when I tell
> it not to open it not to open the tip of the day it continues to do so.)

I run GnuCah under Vista Home Premium and XP (different laptops!) and it behaves as expected - the last set of accounts is reopened and "tip of the day" dialogs are suppressed.

It's my understanding that GnuCash needs to write to files to store the state information and, if it cannot do so, then I'd expect the symptoms you describe. Was GnuCash installed by the user account that you're using or by an admin account? If the later you may not have permission to write to the folder where GnuCash is trying to store its files.

Stuart