SSL cert

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 15:32:16 EDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 9:28 AM, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:
> Quoting Robert Heller <heller at deepsoft.com>:
>
>>> https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2008-May/025348.html
>>
>> I'm getting an 'Secure Connection Failed
>>
>> lists.gnucash.org uses an invalid security certificate.
>>
>> The certificate is not trusted because it is self signed.'
>
> Just accept the certificate and move on with life.  Either that
> or find some trusted CA (meaning already in Firefox, IE, and Safari)
> that will provide free SSL Certs.

I just looked around and see that GoDaddy has a "special" price of
$14.99 for an SSL certificate...

http://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/compare/gdcompare_ssl.asp

I haven't done business with them so I imagine the renewal might be
more expensive.

Would a trusted certificate be useful for any other purposes, or is it
needed only for the list server?