Downloading transactions

Ronal B Morse rbmorse at comcast.net
Thu Oct 16 09:01:37 EDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-10-16 at 07:27 -0400, David Reiser wrote:
> On Oct 15, 2008, at 11:53 PM, Coco wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > If my banks say they only "support" Quicken and MS Money, is there a
> > way I can connect to them anyway to download transactions directly
> > into GnuCash?
> > Coco
> >
> If you can find the necessary ofx server address and a couple other
> parameters to enter in aqbanking's online banking setup wizard
> (launched from gnucash's Tools->Online Banking Setup... menu), then
> generally, yes you can. See:
>
> http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Setting_up_OFXDirectConnect_in_GnuCash_2
>
> Dave
> --
> David Reiser
> dbreiser at earthlink.net
Another alternative (and the one I use): Even if you can't download
transactions directly from your bank into Gnucash, you may be able to
download transactions made over a specified period as a .ofx or .qif
format file to your desktop and import that into Gnucash from there.

Takes very little time and the entire process is only slightly
inconvenient.

Ron Mrose