Question about multiple currencies

Charles Day cedayiv at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 14:06:41 EDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 10:12 AM, Fred Bone <Fred.Bone at dial.pipex.com>wrote:

> On 15 October 2008 at 20:52, Charles Day said:
>
> [...]
> > I have committed a fix for the reports in r17627. It may or may not make
> > difference in your case. If you want to try it out, you can find the
> patch
> > here: http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/changeset/17627
> >
> > You would just need to apply the patch to your installed copy of
> > commodity-utilities.scm (make a copy first) and restart GnuCash.
>
> Dunno about the OP, but it fixed my fictitious imbalance (and the equally
> fictitious "unrealised gains" that went with it). Thanks.

Yes, he replied to me privately that the imbalance is gone. However I would
warn that, unless realized currency gains have been recorded, you will still
go out of balance if you take an foreign-currency account balance to zero.
All the gains are still in GnuCash as unrealized gains. You should be able
to see those unrealized currency gains in your balance sheet if you run with
a 'most recent' price source; the problem is that some of those unrealized
gains are actually unrecorded realized gains.

Cheers,
Charles