linking transactions

Elizabeth Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Sun Oct 19 01:43:48 EDT 2008

On Sat, 18 Oct 2008, Daniel Hernández wrote:
> > Create an account for each debt.  Then any debt with a non-zero balance
> > is not paid off yet.
>
> But then I will have to many accounts.

Doesn't matter, they are subaccounts of something else in your account tree.
Then hide the ones which are paid off.

Of course the corollary to your complaint is that "you have too many debts".
Alas, that may be true.

--
[Astrology is] 100 percent hokum, Ted.  As a matter of fact, the first edition
of the Encyclopaedia Britannica, written in 1771 -- 1771! -- said that this
belief system is a subject long ago ridiculed and reviled.  We're dealing with
beliefs that go back to the ancient Babylonians.  There's nothing there....
It sounds a lot like science, it sounds like astronomy.  It's got technical
terms.  It's got jargon.  It confuses the public....The astrologer is quite
glib, confuses the public, uses terms which come from science, come from
metaphysics, come from a host of fields, but they really mean nothing.  The
fact is that astrological beliefs go back at least 2,500 years.  Now that
should be a sufficiently long time for astrologers to prove their case.  They
have not proved their case....It's just simply gibberish.  The fact is,
there's
no theory for it, there are no observational data for it.  It's been tested
and tested over the centuries.  Nobody's ever found any validity to it at
all.  It is not even close to a science.  A science has to be repeatable, it
has to have a logical foundation, and it has to be potentially vulnerable --
you test it.  And in that astrology is really quite something else.
-- Astronomer Richard Berendzen, President, American University, on ABC
    News "Nightline," May 3, 1988