how to handle different expenses in a single transaction

Girard Aquino girardaquino at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 20 00:18:04 EDT 2008

Hi! I was wondering whether it was possible to monitor the expenses on
different accounts that was charged/taken from a single transaction. For
example, i would get charged for 150 for a transaction in my credit card
or debit. However, that transaction should be broken down into its
respectful account so that i would be able to monitor correctly the
monthly expenses for each account. for example : 50 for Computer, 50 for
groceries, 50 for clothing. How do I go about this in gnucash? i tried
to play around with the split transaction feature, but have no idea what
this is used for, nor did i achieve the results i wanted to have. i
would appreciate it if anyone could tell me how to handle these kinds of
transactions. thank you.