Disable automatic transaction categorizaiton

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 21 01:07:07 EDT 2008

On Oct 20, 2008, at 11:49 PM, Kent Rasmussen wrote:

> Hmm... I guess I have the reverse problem, and I hope this isn't my
> answer below... Gnucash used to categorize my transactions as they
> came in, but generally doesn't now (I can't recall if there was one
> or two it did categorize the last time).  I was wondering awhile
> back if there wasn't any way to make it smarter, since there are
> some key words I could say are _always_ in the gas station I use,
> but not in the grocery store (though they are run by the same
> company and bear the same name), for instance.
>
> So if this isn't working (well or at all), there's no way to improve
> it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kent

You recently updated aqbanking, didn't you? If you re-entered your
accounts and made new assignments between the gnucash accounts and the
download source accounts, you may have restarted the matcher's
learning. It might be that you just have to train is some more before
it learns the transactions.

Dave
--
David Reiser