Disable automatic transaction categorizaiton

Elizabeth Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Tue Oct 21 15:55:20 EDT 2008

On Tue, 21 Oct 2008, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Generally no.  The system is supposed to learn how to map the
> transactions.  It looks for key words in the description, memo, etc
> and uses those key words to match to the account based on previous
> mappings with those same keywords.
>
> There is no way to reset those mappings.

If I import transactions (which is not my habit), the matching system comes
unstuck on split transactions, so for the business accounts where tax has to
be split off from the rest of every price, the matching system isn't helpful
at all.

--
She always believed in the old adage -- leave them while you're looking good.
		-- Anita Loos, "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes"