Accounts in multiple currencies

Nathan Watson-Haigh nathan at watsonhaigh.net
Tue Oct 21 19:46:40 EDT 2008

Thanks for your response.

I suppose having two different "books" would make things easier. It probably
also helps with budgeting, as I'm only interested in what money goes out of
my AUS accounts (including those regular transfers to my UK account.

All this begs the questions:
"Is this a short-coming of GNUCash or just the complexity of handling
multiple currencies? Why does GNUCash need to handle multiple currency
accounts" i.e. what situation really need to have it handle multiple
currencies?

Could I ask for the following enhancements to the budget report:
1) Show totals at the bottom of the budget and actual columns
2) Show actual values as red if they are over spent or the income is under
the budgeted amount

These would really help to quickly identify those areas of the budget that
over spent etc.

Cheers,
Nathan