Installing Finance::Quote

d-wozniak at hotmail.com d-wozniak at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 28 19:08:00 EDT 2008

Hi,

I have recently installed GNU Cash (quite like it so far!) and would like to install Finance::Quote (would like to be able to update currency exchange rates automatically). Unfortunately I'm stuck (not that computer literate I would like to be). Here is the quote from your help file:
"To install Finance::Quote begin by first closing any GnuCash applications you have running. Second, locate the folder where GnuCash is installed by searching for "gnc-fq-update" (without the quotes). Change to that directory, open a root shell and run the command "gnc-fq-update" (without the quotation marks). This will launch a Perl CPAN update session that will go out onto the Internet and install the Finance::Quote module on your system. The gnc-fq-update program is interactive, however, with most systems you should be able to answer "no" to the first question: "Are you ready for manual configuration? [yes]" and the update will continue automatically from that point."
I managed to find gnc-fq-update file but don't know what you mean by "Change to that directory, open a root shell and run the command "gnc-fq-update". So I'm stuck here. Can you help, please?

Regards,
Dawid