How to send CLIENTUID in OFX 103?

Bruce Perens bruce at perens.com
Fri Oct 31 22:24:27 EDT 2008

Hi,

I've built GnuCash 2.2.7 from source on Debian unstable, using the
Debian libaqbanking20-dev 3.7.2-1 package.

I'm connecting to The Mechanics Bank. They require OFX header version
103, and sending of CLIENTUID in the login.

I configured Quicken for Windows to connect, which it did, and it
registered a CLIENTUID, and I got that from its OFX log file.

I have put the long hex random number that it sends in the Customer ID
and Broker ID fields, and AQBanking still isn't sending CLIENTUID.

    Thanks

    Bruce