Newbie: Want to integrate with Contact Mgmt

jheske jheske at mindspring.com
Wed Sep 3 16:59:30 EDT 2008

I am developing software for a small law practice.  GnuCash seems like a
great solution for the Accounting side, but I am also developing a set of
apps for document processing based on OpenOffice. I need to do things like
personalized contracts, non-disclosures, and other correspondence, all of
which will pull customer details from a database.  Is there any way I can
access GC's customer contact data so I can access it for my other apps?  Or
do I really need to maintain the accounting and the doc processing with two
separate versions of the same customer data?

I haven't even installed GC yet as I'm still in the investigation phase, so
I'm not likely to understand too much jargon at this point.  Thanks so much
for any guidance!