More Questions on New Quicken Import

Charles Day cedayiv at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 13:25:16 EDT 2008

On Sun, Sep 7, 2008 at 5:30 AM, Tom Browder <tom.browder at gmail.com> wrote:

> A couple of questions, please:
>
> 1.  Is there anyway to set up a fixed-payment loan so recurring
> payments properly allocate a split to principle and interest?
>
> 2.  Is there anyway to globally change a reference to one account to
> another?
>
> For example, in my conversion all my categories became accounts.  I
> would like to better organize my chart of accounts so that, say
> account 'xyz' becomes account 'expenses:household:xyz' (The 'xyz' came
> from sloppy data entry in the Quicken register in my most-often-used
> account:  my bank checking account.).

A little off-topic, but just wanted to warn you that if you imported any
sales of stock or other quicken securities, you will be missing capital
gains splits in the sell transactions. None of the importers compute capital
gains on security sales (or foreign exchange, for that matter.)  With as
much data as you imported, I would strongly suggest that you make sure your
'trial balance' report (Reports->Income & Expense->Trial Balance) actually
balances before entering getting too far down the road.

(If you have questions on this, please start a new thread for it.)

> Thanks.
>
> -Tom
>
> Tom Browder
> Niceville, Florida