help please - variance report

godfrey godfrey at gnnix.co.uk
Wed Sep 10 01:21:02 EDT 2008

Hi,

I am new to all this financial stuff as I have recently been appointed
treasurer of a charity. No previous experience.

Anyway I have turned to gnucash (I use Linux, have done for years).

The committee last night asked me to produce a monthly variance report and
explained that it was a report showing the difference between the monthly
actual amounts received and spent and the expected amounts that were set when
making applications for grants. I guess they mean a budget.

Can gnucash help me to do this, and if so, how? I have looked through the mail
archives and cannot find anything.

Regards,
Godfrey Nix