Help Files Problem

colbec colbec at start.ca
Sun Sep 21 13:38:53 EDT 2008

Hi John, I get exactly the same thing. My workaround is to convert the docs
to html and view in my browser. You can get this with xmlto. Look in file
system for the file gnucash-guide.xml, it will probably be in
/usr/share/gnome/help/gnucash/C. Then from that directory do

xmlto -o /path-to-where-you-want-to-store-docs/ html gnucash-guide.xml

which will make an html copy of the docs.

Copy over the 'figures' directory with contents to your html directory above
and set a bookmark in browser to the index.html so that you get get the docs
any time you need them. The context sensitive facility is lost but for
general reading it works for me.