Changing Gnucash install directory Win XP

Nathan Buchanan nbinont at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 09:53:46 EDT 2008

Hi Vizo!

Derek is right, you will need to uninstall and re-install.

As Derek mentioned, you will need to locate your data file and move it to a
drive you are keeping (in a similar manner as you would move a word
processing or spreadsheet document).

Unless you have your windows profile also on your D: drive, all your
settings should still be there after an uninstall and re-install, as they
are stored in your profile folder.

Nathan

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 10:01 AM, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:

> vizo <veli.izzet at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Gnucash 2.26 is installed in D:\Programs\Gnucash. Now I want to remove
>
> I presume you mean 2.2.6, not 2.26.  Version 2.26 would be
> the 13'th major release of the GnuCash 2 code.
>
> > Gnucash to C:\ Programs\Gnucash because I will dump the D drive.
> >
> > Is it possible to do this without reinstalling the sofware?
>
> I don't think it's easily done.  Your best bet it to uninstall
> and re-install.  Note that your data file wont get destroyed
> as part of the uninstall, and indeed after you re-install it's
> extremely likely that gnucash will just find your existing data
> file.
>
> > Thanks for answers.

> -derek
>
> --
>       warlord at MIT.EDU                        PGP key available

"Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit
there" - Will Rogers