Finance::Quote perl Crypt::SSLeay (Fred Bone)

Hurford, Frederick William frederick.hurford at mavs.uta.edu
Wed Sep 24 11:59:54 EDT 2008

Message: 2
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 20:43:07 +0100
From: "Fred Bone" <Fred.Bone at dial.pipex.com>
Subject: Re: Finance::Quote perl Crypt::SSLeay
To: gnucash-user at gnucash.org

On 18 September 2008 at 18:40, Hurford, Frederick William said:

> I've read about how Finance::Quote won't work unless you install the perl
> Crypt::SSLeay module.  What I can't figure out is how to do this.  I've
> found several postings about using perl and a make command or doing a
> build, but that's all very confusing to me as the posts seem to assume
> some level of programming knowledge.
>
> Can anyone provide step-by-step instructions for someone who is completely
> ignorant about making or building?  For example, I don't know what perl is
> or means, so the simpler, the better.
>
> I'm using WinXP.

1. Install ActiveState Perl 5.8 from
 <http://www.activestate.com/Products/activeperl/index.mhtml?_x=1>
2. Run the "Install Online Price Retrieval" on
 start -> programs -> GnuCash
That's it.

Thanks, but it didn't work.  I dowloaded and installed ActivePerl-5.8.8.824-MSWin32-x86-287188.  When I ran the Install Online Price Retrieval, I got an error message in the command box that said:
* Check Perl

* Install DateManip

Downloading ActiveState Package Repository packlist...not modified ppm install failed:  Can't find any package that provides DateManip

An error occured, see above.

Press any key to continue . . .