Windows display error

Jason jason at cougarcorp.net
Thu Apr 2 08:43:50 EDT 2009

Trevor Farlow wrote:
> GnuCash 2.2.9 on Windows XP displays these thick lines between every
> transaction when you open an account the first time in a given session.

<snip>

I don't have the reference handy, but this topic has come up before. (I
know because I brought it up :) )

It turns out, apparently, to be a GTK issue in Widnows, not a GNUCash
issue. It is, certainly, minorly annoying.

There is a work around that's not too difficult and does not impose
onerous effort of sacrifice.

In the Windows Display Properties (Right click on your desktop, select
Properties)

Go to the Appearance tab.

Click on the Advanced button.

For item Message Box, the default font is Tahoma with with size 8
(unless you changed it or installed a theme that changes it)

If you set this to Tahoma, size 10 (and possibly restart GNU Cash)
you'll probably find that the double-lines disappear. This does make
some pop up boxes and a few other things very slightly larger, but not
generally to an extent that you'd notice.