Stock spinoff

Paul Schwartz pmjs1115 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 9 18:03:22 EDT 2009

I know I'm using an old version fo Gnucash [2.2.4 which is what Ubuntu supplies for release 8.04], but I'ld like to know if the following is fixed in the latest release.

I have a stock account with a certain number of shares and a value [basis].  The stock spins off some shares of another company without changing the number of shares in the original company. The account register for the original company shows that value is decreased [Sell] by the value of the new shares, but the balance sheet does not reflect this new reduced basis [clearly a bug].

Thanks for help.

Paul