How to handle closed accounts

Arla fireflys_98 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 10 10:16:59 EDT 2009

Using GNUCash, but with rolling CD's (and interest rates changing with
different banks every other day) I need to be able to close accounts, is
that possible?

Within Microsoft Money once I hit 0 balance I was able to "close" the
account, and not have it show up on the account list, unless I specifically
looked for closed accounts.

I guess the alternative would be to create a closed accounts high level
account and then just change the account position of the closed account to
under the closed accounts?

- James