Sometimes GNUCash just fails to start

Arla fireflys_98 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 10 12:31:35 EDT 2009

Trying to put as much out as I can that may help

I'm currently running GNUCash 2.2.8 (was running 2.2.9 but thought going
back to 2.2.8 might solve this, it hasn't).

Running Windows XP (latest service packs etc) and running GNUCash to a
TrueCrypt volume (if that matters).

When I run it, sometimes it just doesn't seem to start, no error messages,
no problems, looking in task manager sometimes gnucash-bin.exe is out there
by itself in processes, sometimes it's there accompanied by two gconfd-2.exe
processes, but no activity and nothing seems to be happening. Only way I've
figured to resolve is keep ending the processes and trying a restart and
eventually it does run as expected, any ideas?

James