Multiple Currencies

Kim Duncan krduncan at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Apr 11 03:05:00 EDT 2009

I am undertaking the task of converting from Quicken 2001 (UK) to GnuCash.
I have a very complex account structure (16 years worth of setting up
accounts and entering transactions) with several currencies.  I have
expenses in several currencies.  How does GnuCash deal with expenses in
different currencies (does one have to establish expense accounts for each
currency for a given expense type?)?  Based upon collective experience, is
there any hope of importing a complex Quicken data set into GnuCash?  My
first attempts went nowhere on account of currencies.