macport build failing on foocanvas

Lenore Horner LenoreHorner at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 12 21:42:18 EDT 2009

On Apr 12, 2009, at 20:13 , mybuyer at roadrunner.com wrote:

> Trying to install gnucash using MacPorts. Had an earlier version
> installed and running under Quartz on Leopard, removed macports (the
> whole /opt tree and launchd), reinstalled macports, then tried to
> install gnucash 2.2.9_1.
>
> So far it gets to goffice-0.6.6 and has this error:
>
> foo-canvas-rect-ellipse.c:45:22: error: gdk/gdkx.h: No such file or
> directory
>

> Where does this file come from?

This is bug 18655 in MacPorts track.

I have found a work around.  I haven't tested it extensively, but so
far it's working (I can install and run gnucash and enter data into
various accounts).  I'm in the process of reporting this to the
goffice folks too.

in the file foo-canvas-rect-ellipse.c  replace every instance of

#ifdef HAVE_RENDER
#endif

with

#ifdef HAVE_RENDER
#ifdef HAVE_X
#endif
#endif

There's a patch in the ticket that should do this for you, but I did
the changes by hand and then made the patch after I'd verified things
worked.  I haven't gone back to zero and tested the patch.

Lenore