Equity balance incorrect - multi-currency

Dominic Ashton dominic.ashton at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 08:13:50 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'm new to GNU cash, and have attempted to set up a simple table of
accounts. I am dealing with two currencies: JPY and GBP.

I have entered two accounts for my two different currencies, and added
the appropriate exchange rate so that the "Current Assets" account is
showing up with the correct total. However, despite the fact that my
liabilities and expenses are at zero, my equity is not showing the
full value of the current assets. It is showing the JPY (my default
currency) but not the value of the GBP.

I imagine this is a very trivial and simple issue, but I have spent an
hour hitting google and cannot for the life of me find what I'm doing
wrong.

I would most appreciate it if somebody can point me to the appropriate
documentation to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Dominic