Upgrading from GnuCash 1.8.9 to 2.0

Jo-Erlend Schinstad joerlend.schinstad at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 10:47:23 EDT 2009

2009/4/12 Tara Ingram Hudson <taralacy at sbcglobal.net>:
> Hello,
[snip] but I want to 100% confirm because the thought of loosing my
> data is unthinkable.

When you have sensitive data, you _always_ make sure to have 100%
control over your backups, just in case something _do_ go wrong. Even
if someone on the internet would to confirm that the upgrade should work
well, you shouldn't trust it with your oh-so-important data.

I think I would have run some tests in an upgraded virtual machine on
a copy of the set of data. If that works well, then you upgrade your
real machines.

If it doesn't work well, then write down what you did, what happened and
what you'd expect to happen, and maybe someone can fix the bug?

good luck anyway,

Jo-Erlend Schinstad