NO BALANCE ON ACCOUNTS PAGE

Fred Bone Fred.Bone at dial.pipex.com
Tue Apr 14 12:07:55 EDT 2009

On 13 April 2009 at 12:01, Derek Atkins said:

> Hi,
>
> _ <GBoor at comcast.net> writes:
>
> > Can someone share with me the rules that govern why balances don't
> > always show up on the /*accounts page*/ even through the transactions
> > themselves are all in the registers?   I'm trying to set up some
> > /*pa**rent*/ and /*child*/ relationships and I need both /*parent*/ and
> > /*child*/ balances to show up on the /*accounts page*/.  The
> > transactions themselves are all present in the detail registers for both
> > /*parent*/ and /*child,*/ but on the /*accounts page*/, the /*parent*/
> > just shows as a zero balance.
>
> Do the parent and children accounts have different currencies?
> What version of GnuCash?
> What Distro/OS?

Will any of these make a difference? I took it that he was complaining
about the fact that only in the "Total" column do parent account balances
include the child accounts. And the "Total" column includes future
transactions as well as to-date ones. There's no way to see rolled-up
totals on the Accounts page, unless you refrain from entering future-
dated transactions.